Artificial intelligence (AI) has the potential to revolutionize search engine optimization (SEO) in a number of ways. AI could be used to generate unique and high-quality content that is optimized for search engines. It could also help identify the most effective keywords for a given website or topic. Smart SEOs and agencies will use AI to compliment good service, while others may try to “game” the algorithm with AI tools. However, Google is prepared for this and will likely continue to adapt to the growing use of AI.
So there’s a ton of talk of AI recently and Open AI’s Chat GPT-3 has really “blown up” the discussion. As more and more SEO’s and digital marketers find ways to leverage AI, the questions looms over us all: how is AI going to affect SEO (for that matter, digital marketing in general)?
Artificial intelligence (AI) has the potential to revolutionize search engine optimization (SEO) in a number of ways. First, let’s get the obvious out of the way. Some of the ways that AI could potentially impact SEO include:
- Content creation: AI algorithms could be used to generate unique and high-quality content that is optimized for search engines.
- Keyword research: AI could help identify the most effective keywords for a given website or topic, allowing for more targeted and effective SEO.
- On-page optimization: AI algorithms could be used to analyze and optimize various on-page factors, such as headlines, meta descriptions, and image alt tags.
- Link building: AI could be used to identify and analyze high-quality backlinks, helping to build a stronger link profile for a website.
- User experience: AI could be used to analyze user behavior and optimize websites for better user experience, which can have a positive impact on SEO.
The recurring theme here is that repeatable, “pattern-able” behavior can be automated. What this means is that marketers can use their time for planning and spend less time “in the trenches.” Writers can spend more time curating and editing and less time doing much of the painstaking legwork. Marketing agencies can expand and provide more services.
Overall, AI tools (even free ones) have the potential to greatly improve the efficiency and effectiveness of SEO efforts, allowing businesses to better reach and engage with their target audience. However, it’s important to note that AI is still a developing technology, and its impact on SEO will likely continue to evolve over time.
Smart SEO’s and agencies will use AI to compliment good service. No doubt, there will be no shortage of those trying to merely “game” the algorithm with AI tools and this may work in the short run. But Google is clearly prepared for this, as shown by their helpful content update, which will no doubt adapt to the growing use of artificial intelligence.